Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Screenshots: Blueprints, Mobs, Pets, Upgrading

I've added a couple of new things:

Blueprints:
I started with the GUI design for the architecture blueprints. They're like collectable cards with rotating 3D previews and additional info.


New mobs:
I added two new mobs, frogs and moles. Maybe I'll also add playable frogmen. :D



Pets:
I implemented pets, which will accompany you and fight for you. The first pet I implemented is my own dog "Joschi". He's a really nice Collie. :D


I also added an "aggro" system: When you or your pet attack a monster, the monster's aggro against the attacker is increased. The more damage, the higher the aggro. The monster will always attack the enemy with the highest aggro. It's similar to MMORPG's like World of Warcraft.

I'm planning to add "tank" pets (like turtles) which generate more aggro but do less damage. This is useful when you're using a bow.

You can heal your pet with cookies. :)


Equipment upgrading:

You can upgrade your equipment by placing up to 10 cubes on them. It works for weapons and armor. It increases the level of an item but also changes the look of it. To upgrade an iron sword you have to place iron cubes on it. You get iron cubes with the help of a special NPC which can disenchant items.


No comments:

Post a Comment